Prevention Tips & Discussion Topics
- Seniors need to stay connected in healthy and trusting relationships.
- Times have changed, and people should be cautiously trusted.
- Never let a stranger into your home. Call 911 if they say they are in trouble and need help.
- Have accountability for the people you do trust (have a trusted third party occasionally review bank statements, finances, important documents, etc.
- Be careful what you sign.
- Don’t leave large amounts of cash in your home.
- Never give personal or financial information over the telephone.
- Beware of family members trying to persuade you to sign over deeds or assets over to them.
- Don’t be afraid to hang up on telemarketers.